What is happening in Iran and how worried should we be about that nation? Is it a state sponsor of terrorism more dangerous than Sunni jihadis?
Have a listen to my talk with the host of Atheist Republic, Armin Navabi.
Follow Armin Navabi
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistRepublic
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/AtheistRepublic
When Religion Kills: How Extremists Justify Violence Through Faith
Christian fundamentalists. Hindu nationalists. Islamic jihadists. Buddhist militants. Jewish extremists. Members of these and other religious groups have committed horrific acts of terrorist violence in recent decades. How do individuals use their religious beliefs to justify such actions? How do they manipulate the language and symbols of their faith to motivate others to commit violence in the name of the divine? Phil Gurski addresses these essential questions as he explores violent extremism across the world’s major religions.
An Intelligent Look at Terrorism
In this podcast, former Canadian intelligence analyst Phil Gurski and his guests discuss radicalization and homegrown Al Qaeda, Islamic State and islamist-inspired extremism. New episodes every Tuesday.
- August 7, 1998: US embassy bombings in East Africa - August 7, 2020
- August 6, 2015: Mosque bombing in Saudi Arabia - August 6, 2020
- Beirut explosion: When is a terrorist attack not a terrorist attack? - August 5, 2020