Music means a lot for people. It can inspire us, make us sad, happy and sometimes it can be tied to political and religious extremism.
Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello took to social media on Tuesday (June 9) to hilariously school an angry fan who apparently just learned the band makes a political statement with its music.
“I used to be a fan until your political opinions came out. Music is my sanctuary and the last thing I want to hear is political BS when I’m listening to music,” former fan Scott Casteneda tweeted before declaring, “As far as I’m concerned you and Pink are completely done. Keep running your mouth and ruining your fan base.”
I’m curious, have you listened to any Nasheeds? Have you listened to any White Power music? Do you like Rage Against the Machine? Are they a great band? What do you think?
- Banda RADIO GORILLA – Rage Against The Machine Cover
- In Pride We Stride Bound For Glory – Warriors Glory
- Abu Ali – Ana Maradun ( Islamic Nasheed )
- ISIS execution in Syria (July 9, 2016) - July 9, 2020
- Suicide bombing at a mosque in northeastern Nigeria (July 8, 2016) - July 8, 2020
- Podcast 49 – Terrorism, Iran and Foreign Policy: A discussion with Atheist Republic - July 7, 2020