We don’t have a motive and we tend to see suicide bombings as acts of terrorism. Are we using the word terrorism consistently? Borealis looks at ways in which states and individuals twist the term to suit their purposes.
- Sometimes an explosion is just an explosion by Phil Gurski
- Suicide bombing suspected in Nashville explosion as investigators search home south of the city on CNN
- Almost no difference between ASUU and Boko Haram – Progressive Governors Forum DG by Ripples Nigeria
- China’s war on the “Three Evil Forces” on foreignpolicy.com
- Saudi women’s rights activist Loujain Alhathloul sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison: state-linked media on CBC